now there will be cool used stuff too!
(Photo © J. Maus/BikePortland)
The PDX Bicycle Show is coming up on March 23-24 and the Bicycle Transportation Alliance has something big in store. They’re set to debut a new event dubbed BTA BikeSwap. The event, which they’ll publicly announce next week, is being billed as, “an opportunity for families, new cyclists and experienced riders to buy and sell their cycling gear.”
The BTA is partnering with the Community Cycling Center and the Bicycle Show’s organizers, Pedal Nation Events. The BikeSwap will be a benefit for both the BTA and the CCC. Is it just a bike swap meet? Not exactly. Check out what makes it unique:
- Buyers will be able to view items online prior to the sale which saves time and lets buyers focus their search.
- The first two hours of BikeSwap will be reserved for BTA Members which will allow them first choice on BikeSwap items.
- VIP Shopping Hours for BTA members are Saturday March 23 from 10:00am until noon.
- The final two hours will feature a Gambler’s Sale with any remaining gear and bicycles at 30% off their already-low, bargain basement price. Gambler’s Sale hours will be Sunday March 24 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Any items that are unsold will be donated to the Community Cycling Center whose mission focuses on broadening access to bicycling and its benefits.
If you’re interested in selling at the BikeSwap, you have three options: Donate your gear as a tax-deductible contribution by dropping it off at a specific location; consign your gear and BikeSwap volunteers will sell it for you and split the proceeds; purchase a table at the event and sell it yourself (vendor fees are $45 for one day, $75 for the weekend).
This could be a great addition to an already fun show. Stay tuned for more details on the 2013 PDX Bicycle Show and the BikeSwap. Follow us on Twitter for the official event announcement next week.