Farm and Ranch Insurance

Farm and Ranch Insurance

Farm or Non-Dwelling Buildings

  • Detached Garages and Storage Buildings
  • Barns, Hay Sheds, Arena and Fences
  • Grain Bins and Silos
  • Poultry or Dairy Operations
  • Swimming Pools


Farm Implements, Machinery & Tools

  • Tractors and Combines
  • Farm Implements and Hay Balers
  • Grain Bins and Silos
  • Poultry or Dairy Operations
  • Hay, Feed, & Fertilizer
  • Irrigation Equipment, Windmills & Cisterns
  • Mobile agriculture machinery


Product Liability Insurance:     provides coverage against injury or illness resulting from ingesting your farm products.

Premise Liability Insurance:    covers the farm or ranch in the event of accident or physical injury to anyone visiting the farm.

An endorsement also known as a rider, addendum, or attachment is a written document attached to an insurance policy that modifies the policy by changing the coverage of the policy. An endorsement can add coverage for acts or things that are not covered as a part of the original policy and can be added at the inception of the policy or later during the term of the policy.

An endorsement is simply the specific coverage that an underwriter has agreed to cover with a specified limit of liability, usually an amount greater than the insured’s collective assets.

If your farm has a roadside stand, you may be able to include this in your farm policy whether or not it is on your property, but you must clarify this with your agent.


Limited Liability

Limited liability coverage is for products that your customers are ingesting. The recommended amount of coverage for property and liability is based on the farm’s net worth and five years of earnings.

Commercial General Liability

Commercial general liability policies meets the needs of farms that process foods, sell flowers, non-edibles, or have the public on the farm. This policy can have an “event endorsement” that will cover any injuries or mishaps that occur when you invite the public onto your farm. Activities such as on-farm stands, U-Pick crops, farm tours, or other agritourism related events should all be well defined within your coverage.

Crop insurance

Crop insurance provides protection for a particular crop or to cover any losses due to crop failure or in some cases, market failure. The USDA Risk Management Agency (RMA) offers a range of crop insurance programs through private companies. They can be found online at, or by calling the Spokane regional office at (509) 228-6320, or email